MAC 217 Shader/Blender Brush

Tuesday, January 26, 2010



I am just learning the basics of eye shadow application and so I have been doing a lot of research on blending brushes. The ones that seem to have popped up over and over again were the MAC 217, 222, and 224. After A LOT of reading, thanks to all you wonderful people who post your reviews and opinions, I settled on the MAC 217 shader/blender brush. Everyone seems to be of the opinion that it is a good “first” blending brush when you are starting to build a brush collection.

I have been using it on a daily basis for about a week now. At first I didn’t think it was making much difference and I felt a bit awkward with it in my hand, but, after playing around with it and getting comfortable with it this last week I am really beginning to see how it is starting to improve my blending abilities. I think at first I was using it with too heavy a hand, which is probably typical of newbies. Now, I keep my touch light and just keep blending, blending, blending, blending, and voila, much less splotchy, nicely blended shadows.

The MAC 217 is also great for patting on shadow if you use the flat part of the bristles. Kind of a two in one deal, fluffy and flat all at the same time! I am finding I can do almost an entire eye look (minus liner of course) with this brush. It really seems versatile.

Anyway, I have decided I love it lots, and I think I might branch out and get the MAC 222 blender brush next. I think the MAC 224 might be a bit big for my eye space.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2009 Grunge Girl Blogger Template Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template
Girl Vector Copyrighted to Dapino Colada