Urban Decay 24/7 Waterproof Eyeliner vs. Sephora Flashy Eyeliner

Wednesday, February 24, 2010


First I primed both my eye lids with Urban Decay Primer Potion. Then I put Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On liner in Zero on one eye and Sephora Flashy liner in Deep Black on the other eye. I lined my both my upper lash line and my waterline on each eye.

Here is my experience:

8:30 am
Lined both upper lids and waterline…both liners glide on easily with no tugging on the eye. Both liners apply to the waterline like a dream. I do often warm these liners in my hands a little before applying, but they still both apply easily even if you don’t.

11:30 am
Both upper lids still look the same as when first applied. The Urban Decay has faded quite a bit on my waterline and is now only at the outside edges of my waterline. The Sephora liner is still holding strong on my waterline with very little fading.

12:15 pm
Only forty five minutes later, the Sephora liner has now faded out on my waterline as well. It is now showing only on the outer edges of my waterline like the Urban Decay.

4:45 pm
Both upper lids still strong and vibrant with no smudging. Some of the liner from my waterline has now migrated very slightly under my eyes on both sides. The Sephora liner is now almost completely gone from my waterline. There is only a faint trace of it on the rim of my waterline. The Urban Decay liner is still detectable, barely, on the outside rim of my waterline. What is left is still in a consistent dark line across the rim of my waterline though.

7:00 pm
The liner on both lids is still going strong. Looks pretty much the same as when I applied it this morning. The Urban Decay liner is still hanging in there very minimally on the edge of my waterline, but more of it has now migrated under my eye. The Sephora liner can be considered pretty much gone from my wateline at this point.

10:00 pm
So…thirteen and a half hours later…it’s time to wash my face for bed. At this point the waterline color on both eyes is completely gone with no trace. But both the Urban Decay liner and the Sephora Flashy liner on my upper lids are still going strong, and with very minimal fading and still no smudging.

Ok, so here are my final thoughts. I have to say, I am impressed. And I am pretty much equally impressed by both the Urban Decay 24/7 liner and by the Sephora Flashy liner. Both had nearly equal staying power on my eye lids and, even though the waterline coverage didn’t last as long as I had hoped for either liner, it lasted longer than any other liners I have tried, except for maybe MAC Fluidline, which always ends up stuck in patches to my contact lens no matter how meticulous I am with application.

Sephora Flashy liners are about half the price of the Urban Decay 24/7 liners, making them a real bargain...I just wish Sephora Flashy liners came in as many great colors as the Urban Decay 24/7 liners do!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2009 Grunge Girl Blogger Template Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template
Girl Vector Copyrighted to Dapino Colada